Solar San Diego Experts
NEW San Diego Solar Benefits
Take advantage of the the 26% federal tax credit while drastically decreasing your annual energy costs. GC Electric Solar is your fully licensed San Diego solar partner to provide a free energy evaluation, custom design and to install your San Diego solar panels or total solar system. GC Electric Solar is a top rated San Diego Solar company with over 20 years experience in the solar and roofing industry.
GC ELECTRIC SOLAR?
SUCCESSFUL SOLAR PROJECTS
FOR OVER 25 YEARS
We Know San Diego Solar
Certified San Diego Solar Panel Installation Experts
Give your San Diego home or commercial building a clean, reliable energy source with a new eco-friendly solar panel system. Contact us at G C Solar Electrical to find out how we can help you. We are your certified San Diego solar panel installation experts.
SAN DIEGO SOLAR
More San Diego Solar
Solar Panel Installation
In San Diego County
We offer expert California solar panel installation services all over:
- Greater San Diego area
- Vista Solar Panel Installation
- Carlsbad Solar Panel Installation
- Coronado Solar Panel Installation
- Encinitas Solar Panel Installation
- Chula Vista Solar Panel Installation
- Poway Solar Panel Installation
- Mira Mesa Solar Panel Installation
- Pacific Beach
- Rancho Santa Fe
- Scripps Ranch
- National City
- Del Mar
- Ocean Beach
- and more
Learn More About San Diego Solar
San Diego Solar Installation
According to a 2019 Environment America report, San Diego is number two in the country for solar panel installations, on both a per capita and total energy output basis. That’s a lot of solar! For over 20 years, San Diego home and business owners have trusted the pros at GC Electric Solar for their solar panel system installation needs.
Estimated Solar Savings in San Diego
While helping to conserve our natural resources and keeping the environment safe are both important, the thing that interests many of our customers in San Diego is knowing how much money they can save by having us install a solar panel system for their home or business.
The money you’ll save by installing a solar panel system can be significant, but the savings don’t happen immediately. As an example, with an average-sized home in San Diego you can save upwards of $40,000 in the 20 years post installation.
Available Solar Tax Credits in San Diego
Saving on your monthly energy bill isn’t the only way you can save money by having us install a solar panel system for your home or business. Did you know you can recoup much of the cost of installing a solar panel system by taking advantage of Federal solar tax credits and local solar incentives? It’s true!
Here is what’s currently available to San Diego residents who install a new solar panel system:
• Federal Investment Tax (ITC) Credit: The amount of the federal tax credit San Diego homeowners can take when installing a solar panel system is 30% through 2019. In 2020 this credit drops to 26% and in 2022 it drops to 22%. Unless Congress acts otherwise, this credit will then dip to 10% and will be offered only on commercial solar panel installs.
• California Net Metering Law: A new solar panel system can generate power which San Diego homeowners can choose to have put back into the state’s power grid. Net Metering requires the power company to pay solar system homeowners the full retail price for each unit of solar power generated and sent back into the system.
• California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar: California will not re-assess your property taxes when you install a new solar panel system like they would do with any other type of home addition or improvement.
These tax credits and other incentives go a long way towards helping absorb the cost (which is declining, by the way) of installing your solar panel system. Once you’ve generated enough monthly savings to take care of your installation cost then you’re well on your way to free power. We think ‘free’ is a great 4-letter word!
The key, especially for homeowners, is to take advantage of these credits and incentives now before they decrease or phase out altogether. Contact us today for more information on the available solar tax credits and incentives in San Diego.
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost in San Diego?
An average price for a solar panel system in San Diego is approximately $15,000. But don’t forget about the Federal solar tax credit (ITC), which reduces that cost (in 2020) by 26%. That brings the cost down nicely to roughly $11,000. Then factor in your getting paid by the power company the full value of each unit of solar power you put back into the grid and you’re well on your way to recouping your installation cost and turning the corner to little to no electric bills. Contact us today for more information on the cost of solar panels in San Diego and to schedule an install.